I am honored and grateful to be presenting a WordPress workshop on Saturday, May 18, 2019 hosted by the totally awesome Coachella Valley Women’s Business Center (CVWBC)! Seats are limited and you must register online at cvwbc.org/workshops. Please note this is a low cost, half day workshop – please bring your lunch and snacks, our break will not be long enough to go out to get food.
What you will learn in this WordPress Workshop
- Participants will create their own WordPress website from scratch.
- We will use the FREE version – you can later upgrade to paid with more bells and whistles yourself if you decide you want to do that.
- Helpfuls: Know what a browser is, what a window is, and what a tab is.
You will learn to:
- Pick a theme / change your theme
- add a cover image
- choose a static or blog home page (and learn what that means)
- customize your site title, tagline and colors
- add admins, authors, editors
- create and edit your navigation menu
- make a page
- make a post
- what is the difference between a page and a post anyway?
- best practices for SEO (search engine optimization – what does that mean anyway?)
- share to your socials